free forum

FL FTC Twitter
FTC Twitter
FTC Twitter

My Goal is Everyone moves in Autonomous

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Goal is Everyone moves in Autonomous

Post by swamp144 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:22 pm

My goal is to have every robot that runs ROBOTC at Port Orange Florida move in Autonomous and mayby have a dance contest.
The solution in ROBOTC is found under the File==> Open Sample Program ==> FIRST Tech Challange==> MotorMovement.c
1) Open a blank Competition Autonomous Template from www.ftctraining.com ==> RobotC
2) Setup you motors and sensors under Robot ==> Motor and Sensor Setup. I use the standard MotorD and MotorE names instead of the rightMotor and leftMotor as shown in the MotorMovement.c sample program
3) after the line #include "common.h" in the Autonomous Template paste all of the void subroutines from MotorMovement
4) Copy and paste the goForward Void and modify it to use for your shooter motors (our robot uses MotorF and MotorG) and call the void shoot
5) Modify or copy the turnRight and turnLeft to create a spinRight and spinLeft where the motor values are +75 and -75
(our team's robot doesn't turn very well with one motor set to 0. I also have a rightBackwards and leftBackwards Void in case
I want the robot to do the Hooky Pokey and spin myself around later)
6) Paste all of the lines under task main and reorder and // comment the ones that you are not using for later. The time values are in thousands of a second. Our robot moves one tile length in approximately 1 second. The statement goForward(1000); runs both motors at +75 percent power for 1 second.
7) Save, Recompile, and Compile and Download the program

Have Fun
swamp144

Last edited by swamp144 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to scroll to bottom before pasting)

swamp144

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top