free forum

FL FTC Twitter
FTC Twitter
FTC Twitter

Robot League Update for October 19

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Robot League Update for October 19

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:22 pm

This is email contains the weekly communications update about the Robotics Organized Builders Of Tampa FTC League:
· We have completed the creation of the Tampa Bay Robotics Foundation legal entity that will be used to manage the financial information for our league. Additionally, we have opened a bank account with SunTrust so that we can start managing the league finances. You will soon be receiving an email from Karin Howard with the details on how to submit the $250 league payment.

· This weekend I plan on purchasing and ordering the final components we will need to operate our league tournaments. I also plan on submitting purchase requests for the trophies needed for the for the November 17th tournament at Hillsborough High School and the December 8th tournament at Middleton High School.

· It is time to start organizing volunteers to help with each of the tournaments. I am asking each of the league coaches to send an email to the team parents and any additional other contacts to get a list of volunteers. I would like to use the November 3rd Scrimmage at Hillsborough High School to start organizing and training the volunteers. The following are some of the roles we will need for each tournament: Judges, Referees, Pit Manager, Field Manager, Field Reset, Field Technical Assistance, Score Keeper, Field Control Operator, Team Queuer, Emcee/Game Announcer, and Lunch prep and clean-up. Please start identifying key contacts that are willing to volunteer at our tournaments and encourage them to attend the Scrimmage on November 3rd.

· This is a reminder that our first official league event will be taking place next weekend, Saturday, October 20, 2012. Middleton High School will be hosting a Build It Day and all teams are invited to come practice on the field and learn construction, electronics, and programming from other teams. Please respond to this email and let me know if your team will be attending and how many students/adults will be attending. The Build It Day event will start at 9am and end at 2pm.

· Terri Willingham has set-up our league website and Facebook.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

· The following is the current tournament dates and locations. All dates and locations have been confirmed except for the league Championship on February 2, 2012:

-- November 3, 2012 – Scrimmage at Hillsborough High School
-- November 17, 2012 – 1st League Tournament at Hillsborough High School
-- December 8, 2012 – 2nd League Tournament at Middleton High School
-- January 19, 2013 – 3rd League Tournament at Polk State College Student Center
-- February 2, 2013 – League Championship at Jesuit High School
-- March 2, 2012 – State Championship at Embry-Riddle in Dayton Beach
Admin
Admin

http://www.flfirst.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top