Post by Admin on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:10 pm

Hello Teams,

Topics in this email include:

1. Minotaur Madness Build-it Day - November 7, 2009
2. Qualifying Tournament on January 23, 2010
3. RoboMania State Qualifying Tournament - November 14, 2009

------------
1. Minotaur Madness Build-it Day - November 7, 2009
Middleton High School's Robotics team in Tampa is hosting Minotaur Madness, an FTC Build-it Day. The focus of the day is for teams to turbo-charge the building of their robots. Technical volunteers will be on-hand to assist teams with building and programming. The Hot Shot! playing field will be setup for practice and a match or two if teams are interested. This is a great opportunity to prep your team and robot for their first competition. Please send an email to Michael Coleman (michael.coleman@flfirst.org) by Friday October 30th with your team number and number of people attending. A flyer for this event is attached.

------------
2. Qualifying Tournament on January 23, 2010
The Qualifying Tournament scheduled for January 23, 2010 has been cancelled. I am searching for a replacement tournament host in the Melbourne area. Please let me know if your team is interested in hosting a qualifying tournament on either January 16th or January 23rd. In exchange for hosting the tournament, the host team receives an automatic invitation to attend the state championship. Our priority is to hold a competition in the Melbourne area because we have a financial sponsor if the event is held here. If we are not able to hold an event in Melbourne, I would like to hold an event in another city so that teams have more opportunities to compete.

In general, the tournament host provides the facility, volunteers, volunteer food, Hot Shot! practice field and trophies. I provide the playing field, scoring system, referee shirts, volunteer training materials and I volunteer at the event. The tournament host receives an automatic invitation to attend the state championship, receives the team registration fee (between $25 & $100 per team) and they may use the event as a fundraiser by selling breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks, etc.

------------
3. RoboMania State Qualifying Tournament - November 14, 2009
We have two open competition slots for the RoboMania state qualifying tournament held in Tampa on November 14, 2009. Please send an email to michael.coleman@flfirst.org if you are interested in attending this competition. I highly recommend signing up for this competition since we may have fewer competition slots this season than originally planned due to the cancellation of the competition on January 23rd.

Thanks,

Michael Coleman
FTC Affiliate Partner for Florida

Florida FTC Online:
Web Site: www.flfirst.org
Forum: flftc.forumotion.com
FTC Twitter: twitter.com/FLFirst
Facebook: www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=168549705513

Last edited by Admin on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : replaced poor image of Minotaur Madness flyer)
Admin
Admin

http://www.flfirst.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top